Attention Coaches & Parents
"A safe soccer season does not happen by chance. It happens by choice." Help keep our players safe.
- · Instruct players on the potential dangers associated with movable or portable goals.
- · Always inspect goals before each match or practice.
- · Insure goals are safely anchored to the ground. (see anchor styles below)
- · Insure there are no sharp objects in goal area.
- · Insure nets are secure.
- · Insure goals are free of defects.
- · Never allow anyone to climb or hang on goals.
- · Always use extreme caution when moving goals.
- · When goals are not in use, always chain and lock goals up against a fence post or secure object so that goals cannot fall over. Nets should be removed.
Styles of Goal Anchors
Auger-style anchors that are screwed into the ground. Semi-permanent anchors, which require a permanently secured base buried underground with the use of tethers or bolts to secure the goal. Peg, stake or J-hook style anchors that are driven into the ground. Sandbags or counterweights for indoor facilities.