We’re glad that you’ve decided to become a referee. Being a referee can be a rewarding experience! We hope that this is the start of a long career for you!
Follow these steps to become an official for Competitive North Metro Soccer Association games:
1. Obtain your Grade 8 certification. Certification is administered by the Minnesota State Referee Committee. Clinics are offered throughout the metro in February, March and April.
- Register online with the State Referee Committee
- Pay the required fees.
- Successfully complete the online training and test.
- Attend a MNSRC clinic. (A referee may attend their clinic at any location in the state)
2. Sign-up in Game Officials, our online assigning system
- Click on the green “New Officials” button on the left hand side of the screen.
- Enter our Group #: 1145 and our Access Code: CDG.
- Complete all of the required information.
3. Complete Concussion Training
4. Complete a MYSA background check (FOR REFEREES 18 AND OVER)
All referees must have:
- Official yellow jersey – Black shorts – Black referee socks – Flags – Whistle – Digital Watch
Follow these steps to become an official for Goettsche Assigning:
1. All officials must renew their certification each year. Referees will not be permitted to work until they appear on the SRC certification list.
2. Complete steps 2-4 of the new referee requirements stated above.