Tryout Registration is now open!
Partnership Tryouts will be held at Anoka Ramsey Community College, 11200 Mississippi Blvd, Coon Rapids, MN
- Technical/Dynamic Warm Up
- Small Sided - 4x4
- Large Sided- 7v7, 9v9, or 11v11
- Tryout Registration Fee $45 ($50 July 14-27, $60 walk up registration)
If you cannot attend your age group tryout, please fill out the Tryout Absence Request Form
A partnership team means that there are players from both clubs on the roster to tighten the range of playing level on a team. This will make the Partnership teams more successful than a home club team might have been in the past; whereas “successful” means a better overall soccer experience.
Tryouts are listed by home club and partnership.
- Players that are U12(2008) and older only need to attend one of the two tryouts but must attend BOTH tryout days.
- Each age group U10 - U15 could potentially have two (2) Partnership teams at varying playing levels (formerly C1/C2/C3 now MFL, League 1, Black and Blue) , but ONLY if it makes sense for that age group.
- The second Partnership team will be based on the number of players who participate in the Partnership tryouts
- The top 14 players evaluated for an age/level roster are all from the same club. Then that team will stay as a home club roster.
- The top 28 players evaluated for an age/level roster are all of equal skill/development level. If 14 are from 1 club and the other 14 from the other club then 2 home club teams are made. There would be no “experience” benefit to create a “partnership” team assuming all positions are covered equally.
- 14 players attend a partnership tryout, and leave 7 players at each club without a team. A partnership team will not be formed, and each club will have a home team.
- If you are not placed on a Partnership team, you will then be placed on a home club team. You are not in jeopardy of not being placed on a team.
- Not everyone who attends a Partnership tryout will be placed on a Partnership team.
- If you do not want your child placed on a roster with a different club’s players regardless of the reason or best fit, then you would sign up for your club specific tryout.
- Understand that your child may end up on a roster below (or above) their playing level if that is all the home club has to offer.
Regardless of which tryout your child attends, they will be placed on a roster AND you will be given the opportunity to change your mind.
Fees are now based on the age/level of the team not the home club of the roster or whether or not it is a partnership team.
The difference for a PARENT between playing on a Partnership team vs a Home Club is the distance to practice and games.
The difference for the PLAYER is the quality of experience.